At Croí, our aim is to lead the fight against heart disease and stroke, with a particular focus on the West of Ireland. Our mission is to prevent disease, save lives and promote recovery & wellbeing.
Our work is funded from the proceeds of fundraising events, voluntary contributions and philanthropy. We are deeply grateful for the support and endorsement of our donors, supporters and volunteers who give so generously of their time and resources.
About the Challenge
Get your team together for a virtual challenge and embrace the Wild Atlantic Way of life by running, walking or jogging the Atlantic Coast!
Improve your heart health and wellbeing on this special 6-week journey, by getting out and getting active. You can gather friends, family or colleagues to join you in tackling the coast route. Whether together or apart, this virtual team challenge will suit everyone!
Anyone who raises over €50 will receive our NEW Couch to Wild Atlantic Way limited-edition, thinsulate, beanie hat and those that complete the challenge will receive an eco-friendly finishers medal. All funds raised will enable us to continue providing our vital support to those suffering from heart disease and stroke.
HOW IT WORKS
- Contact us and we will set up a team page for your group on iDonate and give you all the support you need to get started.
- Once your team page is ready, you will receive a link to view this page on iDonate. Your team page will feature a live, virtual map of your route and will show the distance your team has travelled collectively.
- You can click on the ‘Join team’ button on your team page to set up a personal fundraising page for the challenge, where you can record your individual kilometres completed.
- Start walking/running in your local area. You can manually upload your kilometres completed to your iDonate account to move your team’s interactive map marker down your route. Or you can automatically track your distance completed by syncing a fitness tracker app (e.g. Strava) to your page.
- Share your fundraising page with your friends and family using the share button and help raise vital funds for Croí.